This Guide is for our Dedicated VPN Service. For the Unlimited VPN Service use our custom Application.
1. This guide describes the configuration of OpenVPN on a device running stock Android 4.0 and later. It uses the OpenVPN for Android client which can be installed without rooting your device.
3. Make sure OpenVPN for Android is installed on your device.
4. Download the OpenVPN Profile that we sent you via E-mail. (This .OVPN file contains the Server and your Login information, which means you don’t even need a username and password to use our Dedicated VPN services) Save the attachment to your device and remember where you put it.
5. Open the Apps screen and start OpenVPN for Android.
6. Before doing anything else, switch to the Settings tab.
7. In the Application Behaviour section make sure to have Show log window and Reconnect on boot enabled. In the VPN Behaviour section check Reconnect on network change and disable Pause VPN connection after screen off. Now click the Back button.
8. Now switch to Profiles and find Import icon on the corner of the app and Import the configuration file you already copied onto your device.
9. Now find the configuration that you saved on your device and select file.
10. After OpenVPN for Android 4.0+ has validated the configuration file click Import. A new configuration profile is generated in the background.
11. You are brought back to the list of available configuration profiles. Edit any profile that you want by click on the edit icon in front of it.
12. The log window appears which also provides connection statistics. Increase the Log verbosity level by one step to see the assigned IP address and DNS servers. The connection is ready when the Initialization Sequence Completed is shown. As long as the Key icon appears in the status bar, the VPN connection is active. Take this opportunity to test the connection by opening an IP Address Checker like: https://ipleak.net. Also, check for DNS leaks if needed.